Instructions about how to go about this for a Thorlabs DRV001 connected via a Thorlabs BSC201 controller on a 64bit OpenSPIM setup are detailed below (by Jerome Boulanger and Ben Sutcliffe):
- Download the micro-manager source code as instructed here.
- Install all the relevant programs for building micro-manager as instructed here.
- Setup up Visual C++ 2010 Express as here.
- Install the 64bit APT software from Thorlabs.
- Download and unzip the APTx64 form here.
- Then build the ThorlabsAPTStage Device Adapter in 64bit on a 64bit Windows 7 machine, using the 'APT.lib' downloaded in point 5.
- Rename the resulting .dll file to 'mmgr_dal_ThorlabAPTStage.dll' then place it into the OpenSPIM.app folder along with the 'APT.dll' downloaded in 5).
- The OpenSPIM Fiji/MM bundle can then restarted and a ThorlabAPTStage could be configured as described for a 32bit system here.