Install cables and connect computer
- 1 How to connect the camera, camera controller and computer together
- 2 How to connect the USB hub, motor system and computer together
- 3 How to connect the laser and computer together
How to connect the camera, camera controller and computer together
- 1x USB 3.0 Type A to B Cable (included in the camera package)
- 1x Hamamatsu ORCA-FLASH4.0 AC power cable (included in the camera package)
The Hamamatsu ORCA-Flash4.0 LT camera directly communicates with the computer via USB 3.0. Connect the USB 3.0 Type B plug into the camera and the Type A plug on the other end into the computer's Type A USB jack.
How to connect the USB hub, motor system and computer together
- 1x USB hub with at least 5 positions
- 4x USB Type A plug to Mini Type B plug cables
Use the USB Type A plug to Type B plug and connect the Type B plug to the USB hub, then plug the Type A plug into the computer. Plug all 4 Type A to Mini Type B plugs, with the Type A side, to the USB hub. The other end of the cable can be inserted into the Mini Type B jack on the motor system.
How to connect the laser and computer together
- 1x UBB hub with at least 5 positions
- 1x USB Type A plug to Type B plug cable
Connect the D15 Interface Cable to the back of the Coherent CUBE laser and fasten it with the two notched "thumb" screws finger tight. Three of the four cables coming out of the D15 plug will be used: the power cable, the control cable, and the serial cable. First, connect in the power supply to the power cable via their respective two prong connectors (making sure that you connect them together correctly with the right orientation), connect the power supply to the mains lead using the correct plug for your respective country. Then, connect the control box to the control cable with it's five prong connectors (again making sure the orientation is correct). Finally, connect the Keyspan Tripplite USA-19-HS USB to Serial converter to the D9 RS232 connector. Using a a Type A plug to Type B plug USB cable, connect the Type B jack into the converters Type B jack. Then connect the Type A plug into the USB hub's Type A jack.
Continue on to learn how to operate your new system.