Development with IntelliJ
- install JDK 8 (or earlier, JDK 6 is best if you want to be compatible with all OpenSPIM installations) from http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk8-downloads-2133151.html
- install the latest Fiji version without JRE from http://fiji.sc/Downloads#Fiji
- install IntelliJ from http://jetbrains.com
- start Fiji and add the MicroManager-dev update site via Help > Update... > Manage Update Sites > Add - the address of the update site is http://sites.imagej.net/Micro-Manager-dev/
- restart Fiji to install the MicroManager components fully.
SPIMacquisition source code and import
- acquire the SPIMAcquisition source code via git clone from https://github.com/openspim/spimacquisition
- import the folder you just cloned into IntelliJ as a Maven project.
- in the Module settings (reachable via right-click on the project or
F4), add both directories
[Fiji]/plugins/Micro-Managerto Global Libraries.
- in the Module settings, go to Artifacts and add a JAR artifact with From modules with dependencies. Choose SPIMacquisition as main class.
- the module is now ready to build - click Build > Make Project or
Build > Build artefacts... - the output JAR will be put in the
out/artifacts/SPIMacquisition_JARwith the name
SPIMacquisition.jar- you can copy this file then to
[Fiji]/mmpluginsand use it in MicroManager.
Debugging with IntelliJ and VisualVM