[OpenSPIM] OpenSPIM (or very similar) publications

Johannes Schindelin johannes.schindelin at gmx.de
Sat Jul 18 13:36:18 CDT 2015

Hi Neil,

On 2015-07-18 17:34, Neil Anthony wrote:

> I was wondering if anybody has a list of publications (and/or websites)
> using the OpenSPIM or similar setup.

I started a page on the OpenSPIM wiki:

     http://openspim.org/Publications

However, I feel a wiki should be edited by more than one person, so I
did not do all that much on that page myself, still waiting for others
to simply go and add their papers or papers related to OpenSPIM that
they know about.

To answer your question, I turned to Google Scholar
(https://scholar.google.com/) and searched for the term "OpenSPIM".
Among the many reviews, there seem to be a couple of interesting "real"
biology papers, e.g.:

http://biomedicaloptics.spiedigitallibrary.org/article.aspx?articleid=2241619

     http://www.damtp.cam.ac.uk/user/gold/pdfs/inversion.pdf

> I hope there are plenty more in the pipeline given that there are more
> OpenSPIM setups out there.  I see 8 on the website, but are there more?

According to Picard systems (I asked a while ago), they have delivered
at least 45 stages, so that is my conservative guess. Of course it would
be nice to hear back from more people, given that our main aim was to
start a collaborative community when we invested that insane amount of
time and effort to make all of this IKEA grade instructions and a wiki
and a mailing list.

So here is drinking to a vibrant community in the future!
Johannes