[OpenSPIM] A trouble in initial hardware configuration of the laser

709314090 at qq.com
Thu Jul 16 10:06:01 CDT 2015

Dear all,
   Today, I just did the initial hardware configuration, but there was something worng with the laser configuration.
   The laser I used is LuxX® 488-60 Omicron and is connected to PC with USB line, and the laser can be controlled by the software provided by the manufacturer. When I add the laser in the hardware configuration wizard, it present a window but nothing in the list of the RS232 settings(the below pictrue, I don't know whether the pictrue can be show). And I try to click the "Scan" button, then alert a window tells that the port should be choosen manually. Also, when click the "OK" button, a window show and alert that "Serial command failed. Is the device connected to the serial port?". Therefore, the laser can not be added.
   Is there anyone else meet the trouble?  I hope for your help. Thank you!
   Best wishes!

Zheng Huang
State Key Laboratory of High Field Laser Physics, Shanghai Institute of Optics and Fine Mechanics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai 201800, China
Address: Qinghe Road No. 390, Jiading District, Shanghai 201800, China
Tel: 13120836853
E-mail: 709314090 at qq.com