[OpenSPIM] opening SPIM data with Bio-formats plugin

m.pawlowska at nencki.gov.pl m.pawlowska at nencki.gov.pl
Thu Jul 23 04:46:23 CDT 2015

Hi,

recently some people were writing about some issues when opening
acquired images with Bio-formats. It seems that the super-slowness was
at leats partly the fault of the Bio-formats: at least in my case, after
the recent Fiji update that included Bio-formats 5.1.3, speed improved.

There is another issue though. When I open data that consists of several
files, the Bio-formats plugin asks me which sries to open, but no matter
what I choose, ALL the open files have the same header:
spim_TL01_Angle0.ome . Always Angle0. This makes opening all files and
doing something with them impossible because the info which is which is
lost. Also, in the metadata there is a line: " Series 2 Name	null" or
similar. When collecting images directly with micromanager, this line
looks more like " Series 0 Name	XYseries_1_MMStack_Pos1" and then the
open windows have collect headers. So the metadata is not saved
correctly.

If somebody knows how to fix quickly, I'll be grateful for a hint,
otherwise I'll try myself.

Regards,
Monika